Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Paris

Hey, guess what, BJ and I met up with...

oh wait, I'll give you some time to guess first.

Okay.

BJ and I met up with Kev Chan in Paris the other day. It was a lot of fun. I tell you what, Kev lives on the edge when it comes to travel. Anyway, we saw lots of things: Notre Dame, Montparnasse Tower, St. Germain Des-Pres, The Sacred Heart, and just a lot of walking around.

Montparnasse Tower is the only skyscraper built within the Paris city-walls. It's quite low rise across all Paris, and the only 2 tall things are the Montparnasse Tower (its really a big building) and the Eiffel Tower.

The tour guide said it was better than the Eiffel Tower because:
a) You can see as much as you would if you were on the Eiffel Tower
b) You can see the Eiffel Tower
c) You can't see the Montparnasse Tower
d) It's cheaper to go up than the Eiffel Tower
e) The queue is shorter than the Eiffel Tower
f) There are less people at the base of the Montparnasse Tower trying to sell you keyrings.

Anyway, here is a picture that BJ took of Kev and I at the top of Montparnasse Tower:


Ahh... it's getting late. I might just publish this now. Just in case I fall asle...

No comments: