Sunday, September 03, 2006

Fearless

I just got back from the movies, after church. We watched Fearless. I gotta say, I wasn't that impressed. I mean, there was plenty of martial arts butt-kicking, more so, the movie opens up in a tournament scene with lots of fast fighting.

I gotta say though, most of the movie is actually a flash-back, and its not that the flashbacks are that lame, there's plenty of martial arts too. However, I didn't really like that bit where *warning: spoiler ahead* it was set in the countryside.

I hear that this is Jet-Li's last "Chinese Epic" movie. And I really wasn't expecting extended coverage of Jet Li's interaction with, Moon, a vision impaired girl, living in a Chinese version of Hobbiton.

Really wasn't worth the $15 to be honest. I much prefer Kiss of the Dragon, as James rightly pointed out, being Jet Li's better/best movie.

What do you think of "Fearless"?

2 comments:

Edwin said...

I didn't mind Fearless, but I do agree with the slowness and pointlessness of the countryside scenes. I suppose many films quite like the "how the hero got his mojo back" sort of bits, especially if the main point of the film is that the fight was on the inside rather than the out.

But it does have some good fight scenes, and I think that was worth at least $12.

.e

Tim said...

Good point about the "mojo" requirement of heroes.

I'd say it was worth about $6.50.

Has anyone seen the "Once upon a time in China" series of movies? Otherwise known as "Wong Fei Hong". I think those were the movies that made Jet Li famous (in Asia anyway). I think his first entry into Hollywood was Lethal Weapon 4.

I haven't seen Cradle to the Grave, has anyone got the DVD I could borrow?